Monday, March 14, 2011

Felt Like Making Pins

It may have been 80 degrees outside this weekend, but down in my studio I was still working with wool felt. I am participating in an artist's market at Matilda's Cottage in a few weeks and part of  my inventory will include wool felt scarves and pins, so I allowed myself to create just a few more.


Not sure if  you noticed the interesting textile in the background. Yes, that is my evolving scrappy quilty thing. I added gesso, black acrylic smudges, and tons of stitches in a variety of threads. This is how it looks now.



I'm still not sure how I will use it. I am starting to think it would make cool fabric cuff bracelets. I made a trashy looking flower pin to go with.



I am also imagining pieces cut for collage on canvas. Photos don't really do it justice (well... my photos anyway.)
Textiles are so much better in person.

2 comments:

  1. Love your work. Adorable felt pieces and textile creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pins! That little fish especially, just makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete