Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It Has Sprung

It is almost 80 degrees outside. Thank goodness I splurged on a pedicure last Friday and painted my toenails green for the upcoming Irish festivities. Who would have thought that today, only the 13th of March, was a gold sandal day. A bit obnoxious, but life is too short to pass up a pair of $7 gold sandals when you see them, and I'll be sporting these babies yearly until the straps break or they get the stinky feet funk.

What to do on a gorgeous day like this? Get inspired. Not much time, so I am out to the back yard with my camera, trying to look at everything just a little bit more closely. 


A sparkle catches my eye as I walk along the pink blossoms that fell from this glorious tree. It rained earlier today and there are still tiny drops of water resting in the curves of the delicate petals.

Back in the house, I can't stop thinking about how things in the natural world just do what they do. They don't plan or watch trends or wonder if their product will sell. They just bloom, grow, and drop their leaves as they please.

I've been working on a collage project and have an enormous pile of papers and scraps all over the top of my work table. Taking nature's cue, I've decided to play around with the papers on my scanner. No planning or scheming. No gluing or taping. Nothing will be permanent. I'm just going to smoosh them into my scanner and see what comes out.







I can't compete with nature, but I'm thankful for a playful moment inspired by flowers in bloom and the sun warming my pale toes. These collage papers have scattered. My work table is a mess again. A little moment of discovery, like a walk through pink petals. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this part of your post, "Back in the house, I can't stop thinking about how things in the natural world just do what they do. They don't plan or watch trends or wonder if their product will sell. They just bloom, grow, and drop their leaves as they please." I've been struggling to find a balance in my own work (and life, really). You nailed it - exactly what's been on my heart and mind. :)

    ReplyDelete