Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Still Decorating...


Like many of you, I've been digging through attic bins and boxes filled with all kinds of Christmas decorations. As I sort through ornaments, lights, candles, garlands, and wreaths, I see a variety of decorating themes, trends, and what I thought were "clever" ideas. Somehow time and the heat of the attic leave everything looking a little wilted, so I usually make something new each year.
This year I decided I wanted something lighthearted and funky over my mantle. So, I painted a big painting I call "Grill Wreath." The kids love it and it just makes me smile when I see it.

I also hung a garland of tiny Santa clothes. I made this garland out of craft felt several years ago.


Now if you really want some inspiration, take a look at this lovely ornament display, created by one of my favorite bloggers, Loulou at Loulou Downtown


Loulou gives a great tutorial on how to make this. She has some beautiful vintage glass ornaments, doesn't she? I don't have enough to make something like this, but I just love the way she blended sparkly and nature. Don't you just love the way that lower branch curves down to the left? So pretty, Loulou!

Has this holiday season inspired you to create something new? Tell me about it and include your blog address if I don't have it. I want to see what you're making!


8 comments:

  1. and your painting has inspired me to paint something similar from my childhood! Gonna start this wkend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "Grill Wreath" is really fun--these are ALL so cool! I couldn't choose a favorite even if I had to, so I'm glad I don't have to!
    p.s. just followed you on IG :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Jenny! Thank you so much for adding my ornament display hanger to your post. I can't believe you just whipped up that excellent painting for over your mantel. It is so fun and well done. I also love the little clothes line of tiny Santa clothes! Your children live in an enchanted world for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that grill wreath....I want a ride in that car baby! Nice and festive happenings going on in your house. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your grill wreath painting and the hanging santa outfit. You're so multi talented Jenny! I also love the organic feel of the ornament display with the branches-great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the new and original pieces added every year are delightful! Your painting is so colorful and lively! AND that hanging ornament tree, love the combination of bare branches and bright ornaments.

    happy happy!
    x..x

    ReplyDelete