Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Prodigal Student Returns

Way back in the summer, I signed up to take an online course with the fabulous Julie Prichard from The Land of Lost Luggage. The class is called The Julie Prichard Mixed Media Variety Hour. Julie is lots of fun and the class truly offers a variety of techniques, tools, organization ideas, and support for artists of all levels. Each lesson comes with an amazing written lesson that I can print and save for later. Julie has a fun and encouraging personality, so you'll feel at home with her. She also offers immediate follow-up when you post artwork or a question. She never sleeps!
Unfortunately, I have been a highly sporadic student. Shame on me. However... yesterday I caught back up and was so glad I did. I watched Episode 5: From Phones With Love, an inspirational lesson that encouraged me to use some of my iphone pics to create fun little pieces.

This one was taken in Tiger, Georgia at a tourist spot called "Goats on the Roof!"
I love these so much, I might add a binding and make a little book or I might frame them.

As I was walking Peanut one day, I noticed this squirrel tail... no squirrel attached. Can't really picture how this happened, but doesn't it make you giggle in a creepy way?

If you are looking for some motivation in the new year, check out Julie's website and think about going on a journey to The Land of Lost Luggage!


10 comments:

  1. I really like her work too! And yours....love goats on the roof! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corrine! I think you and I share a love of all critters, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind words, Jenny! I never sleep....that's what it feels like LOL Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Jenny! That is super creative and I love the thought of combining iphone pics into your art. Also, I always appreciate hearing of online classes that someone has taken. First hand recommendations are the best! I will keep this one in mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The online courses are great because you can just pick them up when your schedule allows. But I'm with you, I like a recommendation. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Ok, I don't want to be laughing at a dismembered squirrel tail. Why did you make me do that? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know! Isn't it delightfully disgusting?

      Delete
  6. Love your combination of pics in such an artsy format! Poor squirrel tho. I will check Julie's site-it's always good to get a recommendation and I'll be looking for a new online class to take in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan Linda. I need to start thinking about what class to take next!

      Delete